Sabrina is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's Intellectual Property team and is part of the Firms' Australian Healthcare Group. She has a scientific background and uses her skills to advise a range of clients in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries in Australia. Sabrina has also worked across a number of other product-related industries, including food, cosmetics, veterinary medicines and industrial chemicals, providing legal, commercial and regulatory advice.
Sabrina's practice involves advising clients on a range of commercial healthcare matters, including transfers of product sponsorships, managing advertising complaints, drafting and negotiation of various commercial agreements (including marketing, manufacturing, supply and other services agreements), confidentiality agreements, as well as regulatory and compliance issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Provided advice regarding regulatory classification of products for clients, particularly in relation to food/medicine, cosmetics/therapeutic goods and medicine/medical device interface issues.
- Provided legal and regulatory advice to various clients in respect of the labelling, import, manufacture, supply and advertising of therapeutic goods and cosmetic products.
- Provided advice in relation to drafting and negotiation of various commercial agreements including service agreements, research collaboration and licence agreements, manufacturing and supply agreements, marketing and promotional agreements, agreements with healthcare professionals.
- Provided advice to clients in a range of industries on the application of the competition and consumer protection laws and Industry Codes of Conduct to their activities (including activities with healthcare professionals and consumers).
- Provided advice in relation to clinical trials risk management, informed consent and ethical considerations in medical research.
- Advised and assisted clients in matters with the Therapeutic Goods Administration and NSW Ministry of Health.
- Reviewed and advised on advertising materials to assess compliance with the Australian Consumer Law, the Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code, Industry Codes of Conduct and the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989.
- Advised a number of multinational pharmaceutical companies in relation to competitor promotional materials and breaches of the Australian Consumer Law, the Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code, the Industry Codes of Conduct and the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989.
- Drafted terms and conditions of use and privacy policies for a range of clients and provided privacy compliance advice.
- Provided advice and prepared submissions for clients in relation to Freedom of Information laws and advised in relation to possible exemptions from access under such laws.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia & New Zealand - Member
- High Court of Australia (2015)
- New South Wales~Australia (2011)
- University of New South Wales (LLB, BSc )
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.