Rico Chan is Head of Baker McKenzie's China Real Estate, Co-head of Asia Real Estate Group and Co-lead of Asia Pacific Data Centre Task Force. He is also Head of the Firm's China Greater Bay Area Developments.
Rico is passionate about providing legal solutions to clients in real estate structuring and closing and resolving tricky legal issues in China and Hong Kong. Major legal directories including Chambers Asia Pacific and Legal 500 Asia Pacific have consistently ranked him as a Tier-1 lawyer in his areas of practice. Over the last 30 years, Rico has represented major foreign investors, financiers and corporate users in a wide range of transactions (such as greenfield development, acquisition, financing, disposal, REITs, anchor lease, built-to-suit lease) and also a wider range of real estate products (such as office, residential, retail, hotel, timeshare, theme park, industrial, logistics, data centre, hospital, to infrastructure projects).
- Band 1 Lawyer (Real Estate, Hong Kong/China) – Chambers Greater China Region (2022)
- Leading Lawyer (Real Estate, Hong Kong/China) – Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2016 to 2022)
- Band 1 Lawyer (Real Estate, Hong Kong/China) – Chambers Asia Pacific (2015 to 2021)
- England & Wales (non-practicing)~United Kingdom (1996)
- Hong Kong (1991)
- Sun Yat-sen University (LL.M.) (1998)
- The University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.) (1989)
- The University of Hong Kong (LL.B.) (1988)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.