Luyi Chan is a local principal in Baker McKenzie Wong & Leow. She is a corporate and real estate lawyer with extensive experience in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, and property acquisitions and disposals.
Luyi focuses on corporate acquisitions and divestitures, joint ventures, corporate restructuring and corporate advisory matters. She advises a broad range of local and multinational clients in various industry sectors, including retail, automotive, manufacturing, technology consulting, biotechnology, aerospace and real estate.
Representative Legal Matters
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Acted for Kirin Holdings on its acquisition of 14.7% total shares in Fraser and Neave, a leading food and beverage company in Singapore and Malaysia, for JPY 84.6 billion.
- Acted for Hitachi Consulting Corporation on its acquisition of Stone Apple group, a consulting firm head-quartered in Singapore, which has subsidiaries in the US, Brazil, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia, Japan and Indonesia.
- Acted for Rockwool International on its acquisition of CSR's Asian stonewool insulation business.
- Acted for Computer Sciences Corp on its divestment of its businesses in Singapore and Malaysia to Techno-Solutions and ITOCHU.
- Acted for Pandora Jewelry Asia-Pacific Limited on its acquisition of the sales and distribution businesses in Singapore, Hong Kong and Macau of jewelry and related accessories under the “PANDORA” brand from the existing distributor.
- Acted for Gaw Capital on its SGD 203 million acquisition of Big Hotel, a 308-room property in Singapore.
- Acted for Homax Development in the acquisition of a property holding company owning a commercial building in Singapore.
- Acted for M&L Hospitality Trust on the disposal of Ibis Singapore Novena and the hotel operating business to Alpha Investment Partners.
- Acted for Park Hotel on the sale of Park Hotel Clarke Quay to the Ascendas Hospitality Real Estate Investment Trust, and advised on a 10-year master lease agreement to lease the hotel.
- Acted for Fine Grain Properties on a 25-year build to suit and hotel management agreement with the Whitbread Group with performance guarantees.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Singapore Academy of Law - Member
- The Law Society of Singapore - Member
- Singapore (2007)
- University of Nottingham (LLB) (2005)
Baker & McKenzie.Wong & Leow is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.