Edmund Chan is a partner of Baker McKenzie, Hong Kong.
Edmund's practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions and public company matters including bond issues, securities transactions, pre-IPO investments, corporate governance and regulatory compliance for listed companies. He advises clients with different background including PRC State-owned enterprises and private businesses, Hong Kong companies and multinational corporations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acquisition by Yue Xiu Group of controlling stake in Chong Hing Bank Limited by way of partial offer (Deal of the Year (M&A) – China Law & Practice Awards 2014)
- Acquisitions by China Evergrande Group of controlling stakes in Mascotte Holdings Limited (now HengTen Networks Group Limited) (by subscription); and New Media Group Holdings Limited (now Evergrande Health Industry Group Limited) (by general offer)
- Acquisitions by HNA Holding Group Co. Limited of CWT Limited, a Singapore-listed leading provider of integrated logistics solutions (by way of a pre-conditional voluntary general offer); and a Grade-A office building in Canary Wharf, London (each as Hong Kong counsel)
- Acquisition by Walker Group Holdings Limited of UK company holding the brand “Acupuncture”
- Reorganisation of Guangzhou Investment Company Limited (now Yuexiu Property Company Limited) involving distribution/offer of shares in GZI Transport Limited (now Yuexiu Transport Infrastructure Limited)
- Exchangeable bond issue by Yue Xiu Group exchangeable into ordinary shares of Yuexiu Transport Infrastructure Limited
- Convertible bond issues by HNA Holding Group Co. Limited, Kingsoft Corporation Limited and SJM Holdings Limited
- Pre-IPO convertible bond issues by China South City Holdings Limited and Powerlong Real Estate Holdings Limited
- Notifiable and connected transactions of IRICO Group Electronics Company Limited (H-share listed) including share issue and capital injection by its A share listed subsidiary
- IPO of China Corn Oil Company Limited, Walker Group Holdings Limited and (focusing on strategic and cornerstone investment aspects) China Coal Energy Company Limited (H-share listed)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Hong Kong
- England & Wales (non-practising)~United Kingdom (2003)
- Hong Kong (2002)
- Columbia University, London Business School and The University of Hong Kong (M.B.A.- EMBA-Global Asia degree (jointly awarded)) (2012)
- The University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.) (2000)
- The University of Hong Kong (LL.B.) (1999)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.