Zamir’s practice focuses on tax planning, litigation relating to tax and administrative matters, corporate restructuring, negotiation of rulings before Mexican tax authorities and contemporaneous transfer pricing documentation. He also advises on local and international agreements relating to commercial, civil and labor matters. Zamir has extensive experience in legal argument particularly in tax and constitutional matters, as well as in matters of litigation and defense.
Zamir has conducted several audits with Mexican tax authorities in connection with foreign payments, services, funding and royalties. He also has advised maquila companies in the automotive, textile, electrical and electronics industries to obtain favorable rulings on transfer pricing before Mexican tax authorities.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a leading distributor in the industrial machinery in Mexico on tax planning and business valuation with an estimated value of USD 50 million.
- Advised a leading manufacturer in the automotive industry in Mexico to obtain nullity of a tax credit derived from the Mexican Flat Rate Business Tax with an estimated value of USD 1 million.
- Advised a leading real estate group in Mexico to obtain a favorable amparo action against seizure of bank accounts.
- Advised a leading food producer in Mexico on overseas business restructuring.
- Advised a leading maquila company in the automotive industry in Mexico to obtain a Holding Maquiladora Program before Ministry of Economy and before Mexican Tax Authorities, with an estimated value of USD 10 million.
- Advised a leading food producer in Mexico to obtain favorable value added tax refunds worth USD 18 million.
- Advised a leading steel distributor in Mexico to obtain favorable Amparo action against the treatment of savings fund for social security quotas.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Barra Mexicana, Colegio de Abogados
- National Association of Corporate Attorneys (ANADE)
- Academia de Derecho Fiscal de Nuevo León, A.C.
- International Bar Association
- Mexico (2001)
- Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo Leon (LLM Tax Law) (2017)
- Instituto de Contadores Públicos de Nuevo Leon (Diploma Taxation) (2013)
- Universidad Regiomontana (Law Degree) (2012)
- Universidad Contemporanea (Bachelor's Degree Business Administration) (2001)