Enrique is a lawyer, arbitrator and university professor with solid background in arbitration, construction law, energy law, public procurement and litigation. He has wide experience in the design of strategies and in providing specialized advice in dispute resolution.
Legal 500 (2016 edition) has published, "senior associate Enrique Johanson Cervantes is praised as an ‘excellent lawyer with great command on strategy, litigation and arbitration matters,’" Enrique was Ad Hoc Secretary Arbiter in arbitrations related to the contracting and acquisitions conflicts of the State in 2005 - 2006.
Representative Legal Matters
Successful defense to a transnational company in a commercial arbitration. Our client eliminated a USD 5 million contingency (2019).
Successful defense in arbitrations related to road infrastructure projects of more than USD 360 million (2015-2018).
Part of the team that successfully represented the Republic of Peru together with another international law firm in the civil complaint filed against Yale University for the recovery of the archaeological artifacts of Machu Picchu.
Participation in the successful defense of mining, agro industrial and energy companies, in arbitration and judicial procedures (2007 to date).
Permanent advisor in contracting matters of a real estate company (2007-2015).
Professional Associations and Memberships
Lima Bar Association - Member
State Contracting Supervisory Agency - Listed Arbitrator
- Peru (2006)
- University of Piura (Candidate for Master's degree in Business Administration) (2018)
- University of Virginia (Certificate PAD MEDEX International Partner Program "Entrepreneurship and Innovation". Darden Business School, Center of Global Initiatives,) (2017)
- Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas (Certification in Construction Law) (2012)
- Universidad del Pacifico (Certification in National and International Arbitration Law) (2010)
- Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas (Certification in Energy Law) (2010)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Lawyer) (2006)
Enrique is a speaker in academic events related to arbitration and public procurement and a law professor with "Silver Talent" recognition, Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas.
- ¿Todavía es útil analizar la "necesidad" de una ampliación de plazo en arbitrajes de obra pública? In: Justicia en un Click N° 4: Estudio Echecopar - Dispute Resolution Newsletter, April 2018
- ¿Arbitraje ad hoc o institucional? Criterios de elección en base a sus propuestas de valor. In: Justicia en un Click N° 2: Estudio Echecopar - Dispute Resolution Newsletter, October 2017
- Participation in the translation of "Protocolo de demoras y disrupción de la Sociedad de Derecho de la Construcción del Reino Unido,". Peruvian Society of Construction Law website, 3 April 2017