Christina Cerutti is an associate in Baker McKenzie's New York office. As a member of the North America Litigation and Government Enforcement Practice Group, her practice includes compliance and investigations, white collar criminal defense, commercial litigation, and employment law.
Christina also has an active pro bono practice focused on youth clients, including incarcerated teenage parents. She has provided project and development support to various juvenile justice organizations, and has assisted with efforts to increase incarcerated youths' access to and relationship with their children. Christina also acts as an alumna mentor to current law students at William & Mary Law School, and serves as a resource by providing professional and career-related advice for future attorneys. She enjoys giving back to students interested in the practice of law by serving as a judge for the national Vincent J. Apruzzese High School Mock Trial Competition.
Christina's dispute resolution practice includes civil litigation, commercial disputes,internal investigations, and white collar crime. She has significant recent experience with internal compliance and employment investigations and compliance monitoring matters, and has also managed and advised on various pre-action and court proceedings involving commercial disputes. Christina has also counseled employers on various employment law issues, including sexual harassment, discrimination, restrictive covenants, and whistleblowing claims.
Christina's dispute resolution experience also includes advising insurers and reinsurers on high-value insurance and reinsurance coverage and commercial disputes involving excess general liability claims or excess directors and officers liability claims. Christina has provided insurance regulatory advice to insurers, producers, and other intermediaries and adjusters on issues impacting property & casualty and life & health business.
Representative Legal Matters
Represented a pharmaceutical executive in a DOJ antitrust investigation involving allegations of price fixing in the generic drug industry.
Represented an executive of a global pharmaceutical company in a DOJ / SEC FCPA investigation.
Served as a US support lawyer for a European monitor in connection with a Deferred Prosecution Agreement with the DOJ.
Conducted internal investigation for a multinational professional services company involving allegations of fraud, and engaged directly with federal prosecutors and the FBI.
Conducted internal employment investigation for a multinational financial services company involving allegations of sexual harassment and other workplace misconduct.
Conducted internal compliance and employment investigations for a leading biotechnology company involving various compliance issues impacting pharmaceutical companies, as well as allegations of workplace misconduct.
Represented an individual defendant in the FIFA prosecution.
Advised clients on compliance remediation and program enhancement following internal investigation, and conducted related risk assessments.
Managed and advised on various pre-action and court proceedings involving commercial disputes, and advised on litigation strategy.
- Recognized individual in Criminal Defense: White Collar, US News Best Lawyers "Ones to Watch," 2021 - 2022
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- New Jersey Bar Association - Member
- New York City Bar Association - Member
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (2015)
- New Jersey~United States (2014)
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey~United States (2014)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York~United States (2019)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York~United States (2019)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York~United States (2020)
- William & Mary Law School (J.D., Order of the Barristers) (2014)
- Boston College - Lynch Graduate School of Education (M.Ed.) (2011)
- Boston College (B.A. History and Communications, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa) (2010)
- Co-author, "Technology May Innovate or Displace the Insurance Industry," Law360, August 2017
- Author, "One Click to Suicide: First Amendment Case Law and its Applicability to Cyberspace," Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, August 2010
- Author, "Online Learning: Suicide 101 - An Analysis of First Amendment Case Law and its Application to Dangerous Internet Websites," Eastern Communication Association, April 2009
- Presenter, "One Click to Suicide: First Amendment Case Law and its Applicability to Cyberspace," Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, August 2010