Jiří Čermák heads the Intellectual Property Group of the Firm’s Prague office. He has authored and co-authored a number of studies and publications, including Internet and Copyright Law. Mr. Čermák serves as vice president of the Czech IT Law Society, and is presently an arbiter for the Alternative Dispute Resolution for .eu domain name disputes. He is also admitted in the Czech Bar Association.
Mr. Čermák advises domestic and multinational clients on all aspects of IT/telecommunications law, including e-commerce, IT outsourcing and complex information technology licensing. He also handles various legal issues with respect to privacy and media entertainment. Mr. Čermák is experienced in the management of trademark portfolios, copyright, product piracy and customs seizures, as well as unfair competition.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Raiffesienbank Czech Republic and other members of RB group on acquisition of new core banking IT solution from Infosys.
- Represented CSOB, a major Czech bank, with respect to payment card acceptance agreement, SLAs and IT support and maintenance agreements with various merchants in the Czech Republic.
- Advised Telefónica O2 Czech Republic (formerly Cesky Telecom), a major Czech telecommunication provider, on oneSAP project concerning software development, implementation, integration and maintenance services.
- Advised Brocade Communications, a major telecommunication devices provider, with respect to export of cryptography technology.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- IT Law Society - President
- IT Law Society - Vice President
- Czech Republic (2005)
- Charles University, Prague (J.D.) (2002)
- Charles University, Prague (Mgr.) (2001)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Erasmus/Socrates Program) (2001)