Kristen has predominantly worked on procuring and delivering major public infrastructure projects through public-private partnerships and other alternative delivery models.
Kristen has recent experience advising Australian and international entities with the procurement and delivery of renewable energy projects (extending to battery, solar and wind) across the east coast of Australia.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised an equity investor with its bid for the Central-West Orana Renewable Energy Zone in New South Wales.
- Advised a Project SPV in relation to developing a template suite of EPC contracts and O&M agreements and since negotiated such contracts to be entered into by a contractor on a large-scale solar farm and battery energy storage system in Victoria.
- Acted on behalf of an international entity, which develops and manages power generation assets, in negotiations with a preferred bidder in relation to a supply and install contract for the establishment of a wind farm consisting of 42 wind turbine generators in New South Wales.
- Experience in preparing and reviewing a wide variety of procurement documents and contracts including D&C contracts, EPC and O&M contracts, services and supply contracts for renewable energy projects.
- Acted for Australian Rail Track Corporation in connection with the preparation of tender and contract documents for the AUD 10.5 billion Inland Rail Program of rail upgrades and greenfield rail developments to create an inland freight rail route between Melbourne and Brisbane. A number of the major works packages are being delivered under either an ITC model or D&C framework.
- Acted for Brisbane City Council with the delivery of the Brisbane Metro Project, particularly in respect of the procurement of the new fleet of electric, high-capacity Metro Vehicles and associated charging equipment. The project will deliver a 21 kilometre "turn-up-and-go" service with two dedicated lines connecting 18 stations from Eight Mile Plains to Roma Street, and Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital to the University of Queensland via a D&C arrangement.
- Acted for the Cross River Rail Delivery Authority / Queensland Government on the Cross River Rail Project on the procurement and delivery phases of the AUD 5 billion+ infrastructure project developing and upgrading Brisbane's stations, tunnels and rail lines. The Project consists of three major contracts - the Tunnel and Stations Development PPP contract, the Rail, Integration and Systems alliance contract and the European Train Control Systems Level 2 (ETCS) design and construct (D&C) contract.
- Assisted Queensland Treasury with providing a three-year financial assistance package to Ardent Leisure during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Assisted Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads with proposed refinancing and new debt arrangements under various existing franchise agreements.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, New South Wales Law Society (2022-present)
- Member, Society of Construction Law Australia (2021-present)
- Member, Queensland Law Society (2017-2021)
- Executive committee member, Emerging Professionals in Infrastructure Queensland (2018-2021)
- Volunteer lawyer, Marrickville Legal Centre (2022)
- Volunteer lawyer, Senior Rights Service (2022)
- Volunteer lawyer, Women's Legal Service Queensland (2017-2021)
- Volunteer lawyer, Homeless Person's Legal Clinic (2017-2021)
- Supreme Court of Queensland (2017)
- High Court of Australia (2017)
- Bond University (LLB (Hons) / BA) (2016)