Maria Celis joined the Firm in 1997 and became partner in 2008. She has 20 years of experience working in corporate, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, telecommunication, real estate, and anti-trust matters and works with important national and international companies on all corporate reorganization and M&A matters. She heads the Diversity & Inclusion committee of the Caracas office.
Maria advises on civil and commercial matters and is part of the Corporate/M&A and Real Estate practice groups. She has extensive experience in the incorporation of companies, foreign investments, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate law. Maria routinely drafts corporate documents and contracts, participates in due diligence processes, and advises companies on commercial and business matters in Venezuela. Her practice focuses on Real Estate and Anti-Trust matters. She also advises telecommunications companies in various corporate and real estate matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Provided corporate assistance on a regular basis to important national and international companies in Venezuela.
- Advised on foreign investments in the food, pharmaceutical, and corrugated paper industries.
- Assisted foreign investors in establishing corporate and tax models, and managing mergers and acquisitions.
- Advised on corporate reorganization in order to protect the investments of local and international companies.
Highly Commended in the category Gender Diversity Lawyer of the Year in Venezuela - Chambers Diversity and Inclusion Awards: Latin America 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Legal Committee of the British Venezuelan Chamber of Commerce
- Representative of the Venezuelan Chapter of The Vance Center Women in the Profession Program (WIP)
- Member of the Committee of Legal Directors of the Venezuelan-American Chamber (VENANCHAM)
- Venezuela (1998)
- Andrés Bello Catholic University (Law Degree summa cum laude) (1997)
Firm Committee Memberships
Venezuelan D&I Committee - Leader
Baker & McKenzie SC is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.