Javier Castro is a partner in Estudio Echecopar. He advises and represents foreign financial institutions as well as major local banks on daily transactions, including the restructuring of clients' liabilities and the financial transactions. His experience in banking is reinforced by his participation in the drafting of the law for the country's banking and financial system. His experience in corporate law is complemented by his previous experience in the tax administration offices, which allows him to have a closer approach to tax matters.
Javier’s practice covers financing transactions, issuance of securities and corporate reorganizations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on the legal structuring of the sale of trust assets worth USD 120 million composed of various assets and rights in the context of collection of debt to four international and local financial institutions.
- Acted as counsel to a Peruvian mining company in connection with an offer of USD 600 million worth of 5.750% senior notes due 2022 pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S.
- Acted as counsel to a local financial institution in connection with a USD 310 million leasing to a utility company to finance a thermo-electrical energy project.
- Acted as counsel to a local company of home improvement and construction stores in connection with a loan worth USD 35 million.
- Advised on the acquisition of shares and merger between two pension fund companies.
- Peru (1982)
- Harvard University (Program of Instruction for Lawyers) (1994)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Law Degree) (1978)