Ulises Castilla is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Tax Practice Group in Mexico City. He has more than two decades' advising on tax strategies for the business sector, and is a seasoned litigator in the private and public sectors. Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Castilla was the central litigation administrator of large taxpayers for the Tax Administration Service, a decentralized body of the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit. Mr. Castilla has spoken on tax matters in seminars organized by the Mexican Bar Association and the University of California, among other associations and universities.
Mr. Castilla's practice focuses on tax audits as well as tax strategies and litigation in the private and public sectors, including the financial sector.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tax Law Commission - Member
- IFA Commission of Court Precedents - Coordinator, Mexico Division
- The Bar Association, Colegio de Abogados A.C. - Member
- Mexico (1992)
- Universidad Tecnologica de Mexico (Masters International Business) (2006)
- Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo Leon (Master Degree Tax) (2001)
- Universidad Panamericana (Post Graduate Studies Constitutional Law) (1999)
- Universidad Tecnologica de Mexico (Post Graduate Studies Labor Law) (1995)
- Universidad Tecnologica de Mexico (Law Degree) (1992)