Kennan Castel-Fodor is a registered foreign lawyer in Baker McKenzie's London office. He has significant experience in US regulatory issues related to fund structure/formation, marketing, and registration requirements for non-US clients. Kennan also has experience advising US registered funds and their boards, investment advisers, and related financial services firms. He is actively engaged in the Firm's global commodities and derivatives practice.
Kennan’s practice focuses on advising global private fund managers (hedge and private equity), including those in the US, PRC and Hong Kong, on a range of matters related to fund formation and fund investments.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted private fund managers (hedge and private equity) with key aspects of fund formation, including fund structuring, offering documentation, and US regulatory considerations.
- Provided counsel to US registered funds' board of directors regarding ongoing responsibilities under applicable law as well as complex legal issues requiring board consideration.
- Assisted with clients' legal and regulatory compliance for activities within scope of US regulations under both SEC and CFTC jurisdiction, including trading documentation negotiations.
- Analysed issues of non-US law and exchange to establish legal structures for investment in the PRC related to products available to US persons as well as new/developing investment programs.
- District of Columbia~United States (2015)
- Virginia~United States (2014)
- Ohio State University (BA Political Science, magna cum laude)
- Ohio State University (BS Business Administration, magna cum laude)
- Case Western Reserve University (JD, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.