José Ramón Casado has been a member of Baker McKenzie since 2005. Prior to joining the Firm, he worked in the Law Department of the Bank of Spain as well as a Spanish law firm focusing on corporate law. Mr. Casado is a member of the Madrid Bar Association.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Osram GmbH against the claim filed by Valeo Iluminacion, S.A. seeking damages for product liability affecting vehicles of the brands Opel and Volkswagen.
- Filed arbitration proceedings on behalf of EMED Mining Public Limited against Red Creek International, S.A. before the Court of Arbitration of the Madrid Chamber of Commerce, alleging breach of a contract existing between the parties whereby the defendant agreed to provide consultancy services to EMED Mining Public Limited, and refrain from interfering with the reopening of the mines of Río Tinto.
- Represented Fuencarral Agrupanorte, S.L. in the eviction proceedings brought against CLESA, S.L. in connection with a property located in the centre of Madrid housing the defendant's large size factory which employs many workers.
- Acted for Iberian Program Services, C.V., Multicanal Iberia, S.L.U. and The History Channel, Iberia B.V. vis-à-vis France Telecom Spain, S.A.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Madrid Bar Association
- Madrid~Spain (1999)
- Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE), Madrid (Law Degree) (1994)