Lauren Marie Carter is an associate in the Firm's Global Equity Services Practice Group in San Francisco. She advises clients on various aspects of equity-based compensation including local and cross-border tax obligations, securities law compliance, data privacy, exchange control and labor law. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie LLP, Lauren served for two years as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Alan Jaroslovsky, Chief Judge of the Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California.
Laruen assists clients in the design and implementation of global equity programs including stock options, employee stock purchase plans (ESPPs) and restricted stock units (RSUs).
- Presidential Service Award, Women Lawyers of Alameda County, 2013
- Unity Award, Minority Bar Coalition, 2013
- Grotius Award for Academic Excellence in International Law, Golden Gate University School of Law, 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minority Bar Coalition - Co-Director
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Women Lawyers of Alameda County - Secretary of the Board
- Global Equity Organization
- National Association of Stock Plan Professionals
- California~United States (2011)
- Golden Gate University (J.D., with Honors) (2011)
- University of California at Santa Cruz (B.A. Global Economics) (2007)