Alexandra Carranza is an associate in Estudio Echecopar. She has been recently recognized by Legal 500 as an ‘associate to watch.’
Alexandra forms part of multidisciplinary teams for the financing and implementation of projects related to conservation schemes, and energy, mining, industry, agriculture and infrastructure businesses.
Alexandra focuses her practice on Natural Resources regulation and Environmental and Climate Change. She has experience advising national and international companies in matters related to the environment, water resources, climate change (carbon market), cultural heritage, solid waste, environmental liabilities and Public Law.
Likewise, Alexandra has advised several public and private entities in sanction procedures initiated by the Environmental Supervision and Enforcement Agency and other regulatory relevant authorities.
Representative Legal Matters
Advised BHP Billiton Foundation in the potential funding of the Integrative Landscape Project in the Peruvian Amazon submitted by a nonprofit association under the BHPF’s Environmental Resilience Global Signature Program.
Advised two international companies regarding carbon projects and investment on REDD+ schemes (confidential clients).
Advised Sierra Antapite S.A.C., Minera Aurifera Retamas S.A. and Trevali Peru S.A.C. related to environmental, cultural heritage and permits for the development of their mining projects.
Prepared legal reports related to environmental, natural protected areas, cultural heritage, solid wastes and water resources (Lima Airport Partners S.R.L., IBT Group LLC. Azteca Comunicaciones Peru S.A.C., ATC Sitios del Peru S.R.L., Innova Ambiental S.A.).
Prepared legal reports in connection with forestry matters (Lush Limited, among others).
Prepared environmental legal matrixes to verify compliance with environmental obligations (Lima Airport Partners S.R.L., Statkraft Peru and Karoon).
Advised several companies of the energy sector in sanction procedures (Petroleos del Peru - PETROPERU, Pluspetrol and Vopak, among others).
Advised public companies in connection with draft legislation related to environmental and regulatory matters (Ministry of Culture, National Water Authority, among others).
Advised Center for International Forestry Research – CIFOR related to Peruvian legal framework, including national and subnational regulations, applicable to REDD+ projects and land titling, as well as the procedure followed to grant forest concessions in the Peruvian Amazon.
Advised Metlife in connection with a USD 32 million secured credit facility to Ecosac Agricola and USD 6.4 million secured credit facility to Promotora y Servicios Lambayeque for the implementation of their agricultural projects.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lima Bar Association
- Peru (2015)
- Universidad del Pacifico (Law Degree, Notable) (2015)
- Universidad del Pacifico (Bachelor of Law) (2014)
- Author, “Algunos apuntes sobre el Reglamento de la Ley de Servicios Ecosistémicos,” Cristal Roto, Universidad del Pacifico, 2016
- Co-author (with Jorge Danos Ordoñez and Juan Manuel Casalino Franciskovic), “Peru: los procedimientos de fiscalización y certificación ambiental,” Observatorio de Politicas Ambientales 2016
- Co-author (with Jorge Danos Ordoñez and Juan Manuel Casalino Franciskovic), “Peru: Marco general de la regulación e institucionalidad ambiental,” Observatorio de Politicas Ambientales 2015
- Contributor (with Patrick Wieland Fernandini and Ronnie Farfan Sousa), “The distribution of powers and responsibilities affecting forests, land use and REDD+ across levels and sectors in Peru. A legal study,” Center for International Forestry Research, 2015
- Co-author (with Patrick Wieland Fernandini and Juan Manuel Casalino Franciskovic), "Como crear derechos solidos para las transacciones sobre el carbono forestal: retos de la implementacion de REDD+ en el Peru," Themis No. 66, 2014