Francisco Cardenas-Gonzalez joined Baker McKenzie in 2017, as an associate in the Monterrey office. His practice includes corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, commercial transactions, restructuring, and corporate governance.
Francisco focuses his practice on general corporate counseling and incorporation, liquidation, and reorganizations of Mexican entities, structuring, negotiating, and implementing a variety of mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings and governance, and joint ventures. Francisco also advises clients regarding due diligence and corporate transactions in Mexico.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted foreign companies in their operations launch in Mexico, including the negotiation of government incentives
- Participated in different companies' integrations, corporate reorganizations, spin-offs, mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
- Advised transnational companies in different industry sectors on the negotiation and preparation of a variety of commercial contracts in Mexico.
- Advised clients in the implementation of the legal structures to enhance their tax treatment in Mexico.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Barra Mexicana, Colegio de Abogados, A.C. - Member
- Serves as a part-time professor at the Law School of the Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León.
- Serves as external counsel for the Non-Profit Organization Fondo del Agua Metropolitano de Monterrey.
- Monterrey~Mexico (2012)
- New York University School of Law (LLM Honored with Dean's Graduate Scholarship) (2017)
- Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo Leon (LLM) (2015)
- University of Monterrey (Law Degree) (2011)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.