Ignacio Cantillana is a member of Baker McKenzie’s Dispute Resolution Practice Group in Santiago. He joined the Firm in 2016 to work for the Competition & Antitrust Practice Group. Ignacio has been working as a teaching assistant of Constitutional Law since 2013. He also worked as a teaching assistant of Philosophical Foundations of Law and of Natural Law at the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
Ignacio focuses his practice on competition and antitrust law, and also practices in litigation and domestic and international arbitration, on the areas of civil, commercial and public law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted Franquiciados de Chile A.G., Chile’s largest association of franchisees of the leading local fast food chain (Doggis), in a litigation proceeding before the Antitrust Court against its franchisor and suppliers.
- Represented SCA in a class action filed by the consumers’ association CONADECUS in November 2016 against both SCA and CMPC claiming compensation of USD 510 million for damages suffered by Chilean consumers as a result of the collusion between the two companies.
- Represented one of the largest insurance companies in the world and five of its former directors in a procedure initiated against them by the Superintendencia de Valores y Seguros (Chilean SEC) before the Civil Court of Justice.
- Represented a Chilean affiliate of Italy-based Astaldi, a worldwide leader in public infrastructure and large-scale civil engineering works, in an arbitration against Codelco related to the breach of contract and damages derived from the design, construction and operation of a treatment plant of the mining tailings from Andina Mine.
- Chile (2017)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (LLB) (2014)
Baker & McKenzie Ltda. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.