David Campos is a senior associate of the Healthcare & Life Sciences Practice Group of Baker McKenzie’s Mexico City office. David joined the Firm in 2019 after completing an LL.M. in Global Health Law and a Certificate in Food and Drug Law at Georgetown University Law Center (Washington, DC). David has more than seven years of experience advising clients in connection with regulation of life sciences and general corporate matters of the pharmaceutical industry.
David focuses his practice in providing advice to clients in connection with regulation of drugs, medical devices, food, cannabis, interactions with healthcare professionals, provision of health supplies with the public and private sectors, public-private partnerships, and general corporate matters. He has also focused his practice in mergers and acquisitions, and divestment of assets in the pharmaceutical and retail industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Drafted and negotiated the first public-private partnership agreement between a French pharmaceutical company and the federal government for the construction and operation of a biological facility in Mexico, and the supply of vaccines to the public health institutions.
- Advised a UK based pharmaceutical company in the regulatory implementation of a joint venture in Mexico in the consumer healthcare business.
- Advised a Japanese company on the regulatory strategy to commercialize medical devices in Mexico.
- Advised several pharmaceutical companies in connection with public procurement of health supplies.
- Advised several pharmaceutical companies on the rules for promoting and advertising, and their interactions with healthcare professionals.
- Advised several companies on the regulatory framework of cannabis in Mexico.
- Participated on a secondment basis with two pharmaceutical companies as an in-house counsel in charge of negotiating and drafting of supply and distribution contracts for the procurement of drugs, and providing legal and regulatory advice in day-to-day operations with stakeholders.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Food and Drug Law Institute, Washington, DC - Member
- Georgetown University Law Center
- Universidad Anáhuac
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.