Octavia is an associate in the Intellectual Property and Technology department of Baker McKenzie's London office. She joined Baker McKenzie as a Trainee Solicitor in September 2017 and was admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales in September 2019. During her training, Octavia was seconded to Google's Commercial Legal Team for six months and later to the Intellectual Property and Technology department of Baker McKenzie's New York office.
Octavia's practice focuses on commercial and consumer law. Octavia regularly advises on regulatory issues, including consumer protection, data protection and marketing/advertising, as well as drafting and negotiating wide-ranging B2B and B2C agreements. Octavia is an IAPP Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/E).
Representative Legal Matters
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on commercial agreements for various clients including big tech companies, online retailers and retail platforms, digital service providers, pharma companies and professional services networks.
- Providing strategic advice to international retailers on the EU rollout of both online and retail consumer sales channels, including recent changes to the EU legislative framework for consumer protection, marketing/advertising regulations and privacy issues.
- Advising on all aspects of promotions (including prize draws) and loyalty programmes for multinational companies.
- Product counselling and coordinating local counsel advice on multijurisdictional hardware product and services launches.
- Advising on local compliance issues on a global basis with a particular focus on highly-regulated sectors including sales of alcohol, gambling activities and healthcare products.
- Advising a large online travel agency in relation to platform regulation compliance.
- Negotiating the outsourcing of IT services for a customer with operations in more than 50 countries.
- Leading a large team acting for a music service provider in one of the largest music rate setting disputes in the UK in recent years.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2019)
- BPP University Law School (Legal Practice Course) (2017)
- BPP University Law School (Graduate Diploma in Law) (2016)
- University of Bristol (BA French and Spanish) (2015)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.