Arnaaz Camay is a senior executive in Baker McKenzie's Tax Practice Group in Johannesburg. A qualified chartered accountant, Arnaaz advises a diverse range of clients on corporate and international tax matters across a wide range of industries.
Arnaaz focuses on the structuring of general corporate transactions, group restructurings, mergers and acquisitions, Black Economic Empowerment reorganizations, and refinancing transactions. She also advises on the tax structures of financing and banking-related transactions, including Islamic financing. She has extensive experience conducting due diligence investigations.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Arnaaz handled the following matters:
- Advised local and international entities on international tax structuring involving inbound and outbound investments.
- Advised various clients on the taxation aspects of group restructurings, mergers and acquisitions, and refinancing transactions.
- Assisted several clients in the preparation and submission of various advance tax ruling applications.
- Assisted international and South African multinationals in transfer pricing related matters, including transfer pricing planning and preparation of transfer pricing compliance documentation.
- Worked closely with the South African Reserve Bank and its authorized dealers on exchange control related matters as they apply to both residents and non-residents.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Tax Committee of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants - Member
- University of Witwatersrand (M.Com. Tax cum laude) (2010)
- University of Johannesburg (Higher Diploma International Tax) (2008)
- University of Witwatersrand (Higher Diploma Tax) (2004)
- University of Witwatersrand (BAcc) (2002)