Merens Cahannes is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Litigation/Arbitration & Dispute Resolution practice group in Zurich. He graduated from the University of Zurich and from Maastricht University. Prior to joining the Firm, he worked as a law clerk at the District Court of Zurich and as an associate lecturer and research assistant at the University of Zurich. Merens was admitted to the bar in 2021.
Merens is part of the Litigation/Arbitration & Dispute Resolution team.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swiss Bar Association
- Zurich Bar Association
- Switzerland (2021)
- University of Zurich (Dr. iur., Professor Walther Hug Award) (2019)
- Maastricht University (LL.M.) (2015)
- University of Zurich (MLaw) (2015)
- University of Zurich (BLaw) (2013)
- Co-author, "Sozialversicherungsrecht," in: Baker McKenzie Zurich [ed.], Wirtschaftsrecht 2022 Trends & Entwicklungen (Trends & Developments in Business Law 2022), Zurich/Basel/Geneva 2022, pp. 43 ff. (co-authored with Dr. Kaspar Projer)
- Author, "Leerverkäufe," Zurich 2019
- Co-author, "Die Societas Unius Personae (SUP) aus Schweizer Sicht," in Grolimund/Koller/Loacker/Portmann [ed.], Festschrift für Anton K. Schnyder, Zurich/Basel/Geneva 2018, pp. 1069 ff. (co-authored with Prof. Dr. Hans Caspar von der Crone)
- Co-author, "Der Stichentscheid in der Generalversammlung unter dem Aspekt des Gebots der schonenden Rechtsausübung," Swiss Review of Business and Financial Market Law [SZW] 89 (2017), pp. 381 ff. (co-authored with Prof. Dr. Hans Caspar von der Crone)
- Co-author, "Unterschreiten der Mindestmitgliederzahl bei Genossenschaften," Swiss Review of Business and Financial Market Law [SZW] 88 (2016), pp. 340 ff. (co-authored with Prof. Dr. Hans Caspar von der Crone)
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.