Armando Cabrera-Nolasco is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Tax Practice Group in Guadalajara. He has 10 years of experience in transfer pricing issues. Mr Cabrera-Nolasco currently coordinates the transfer pricing services for financial and services industries, and the financial valuation practice.
Mr. Cabrera-Nolasco's practice focuses on transfer pricing documentation for tax compliance; pricing strategies and benchmarking analysis by product, industry, country and region; defense in litigation; and alternative dispute resolution of any transfer pricing matter in Mexico and Latin America.
Representative Legal Matters
- Served as one of the lead economists on transfer pricing issues and has dealt directly with taxing authorities in Mexico.
- Represented top clients in advance price agreements and transfer pricing audits in Mexico.
- Participated in the negotiation and favorable resolution of the first two thin capitalization advance price agreements for a large multinational group operating in Mexico.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- College of Chartered Accountants of Guadalajara - Transfer Pricing Committee
- Mexico (2004)
- Metropolitan Autonomous University of Mexico City (J.D.)
- Autonomous Technological Institute of Mexico
- Mexican Institute of Exectuives of Finance
- Mexico City
Speaker, “North America Transfer Pricing Forum, Global Economist Session,” Comparability Analysis in Latin America, Chicago, US, June 2008
Speaker, “Tax Reforms in Mexico,” Business Restructuring, New OECD Comparability Analysis and 2008 OECD Agenda, Monterrey and Mexico City, January 2008
Author, “Latin America Transfer Pricing,” International Tax Review, September 2007
Author, “Latin America Transfer Pricing Update 2007,” Tax Management, February 2007
Speaker, “Transfer Pricing International Course,” Advance Pricing Agreements: Legislation, Benefits and Practical Experience in Mexico, Lima, Peru, September 2006