Representative Legal Matters
- Advised VEB Ventures, an investment arm of VEB.RF, in connection with its investment of RUB 500 million into Deliver, a startup in the field of digitalization of cargo transportation.
- Advised an American multinational technology company specializing in Internet-related services and products on various legal matters, e.g. foreign trade regulations, customs tariff and non-tariff regulations, export controls, including comprehensive legal advice on ongoing projects involving temporary importation and use of professional technical equipment and vehicles.
- Advised client on the Russian customs regulations and export control clearance requirements and procedures with respect to defective hardware products classified as dual-use items for their exportation from Russia for warranty and post-warranty repair or replacement purposes.
- Continuous comprehensive legal support on the import and local encryption licensing requirements in the framework of establishment of a local Russian payment infrastructure and compliance with the statutory requirements recently established under the Russian national payment system.
- Assistance with the issuance of a local encryption license for the use of "heavy" encryption-based technology supporting the local Russian payment infrastructure and the Russian part of the international payment infrastructure.
- Advised the client on the commercial law and import encryption clearance of modular mid-range and high-end computer data storage systems and software in Russia (submission of notifications needed for the importation of the encryption-based products to Russia and other EAEU countries), legal advise and full legal support for the preparation of the company for obtaining of local encryption license.
- Advised Repsol S.A. in connection with establishment of an upstream joint venture with Gazprom Neft.
- Advised a major medical technologies company on compliance issues relating to protection and security of personal data in Russian state hospitals using the client's medical equipment and providing such data to the central data centre of GEHC Russia for the purposes of technical maintenance, a highly challenging area at the intersection of personal data security, personal data localization and other regulatory requirements.
- Advised a major semiconductor manufacturer on import and local encryption clearance of TPM (Trusted Platform Module) chips, which is substantially obstructed by the applicable Russian rules on import of encryption products.
- Continuously advising leading technology companies on import/export encryption clearance, assisted multiple clients with registration of notifications for various imported hardware, advised on import encryption licensing.
Highly Regarded, International Tax Review
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Moscow City Bar
- New York State Bar
- Association of International Pharmaceutical Manufacturers, Russia - Legal Adviser
- American Chamber of Commerce, Russia - Taxation Committee, Customs and Transportation Committee (member)
- Association of European Businesses, Russia
- Franco-Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- New York~United States (2003)
- Russia (1994)
- New York University School of Law (LLM in International Taxation) (1999)
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations (Law Degree) (1994)
Co-author, "Disputes Involving Sanctions Against Russian Persons Must Now Be Settled in the Russian State Courts," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, June 2020
Co-author, "EAEU Sets 0% Import Customs Duty on Electric Vehicles Until End of 2021," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, April 2020