Roman Butenko is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Moscow office.
Roman focuses on compliance and dispute resolution matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Conducted an anti-corruption investigation of a CIS subsidiary of an international pharma company into its illegal interaction with healthcare professionals.
- Conducted interviews, and managed and supervised the investigation in foreign jurisdictions.
- Advised and assisted major Russian telecommunications company on its audit of compliance risks arising from operations of its Russian and CIS subsidiaries; coordinated with members of the team located in CIS offices, conducted interviews, and prepared detailed risk analysis report.
- Advised and assisted a US industrial equipment manufacturer on internal review of its Russian resellers.
- Advised and assisted a world-leading producer of the medical equipment on the internal investigation into potential antitrust and anticorruption violations due to its cooperation with an exclusive Russian distributor.
- Advised and assisted a pharmaceutical company on its compliance audit of M&A target.
- Conducted an anti-corruption investigation of international producer of food products into potential anticorruption violations after acquisition of production facilities in Russia.
- Conducted an anti-corruption investigation of an international agricultural company into its interaction with government officials.
- Conducted a number of other anti-corruption investigations of major international clients (including a leading software developer, a major international industrial equipment producer and others) into their interactions with Russian government officials; participated in the interviews and document review procedures.
- Advised various international clients on the compliance-related issues dealing with privacy and data protection, anti-corruption enforcement, etc.; prepared memoranda with advice on the relevant issue, participate in client meetings and events.
- Russia (2012)
- All-Russian Academy of Foreign Trade (Law Degree) (2012)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.