Roxane Busey has more than 30 years of experience advising companies on a broad range of antitrust issues. She has been recognized as a leading antitrust authority by notable legal directories and publications including Chambers USA, Global Competition Review, America’s Leading Business Lawyers, The Best Lawyers in America, Who’s Who in the World and Illinois Top 10 Women Lawyers. Roxane also served as chair of the ABA Antitrust Section from 2001-2002.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented radiology benefit manager in defending antitrust cases in federal district court.
- Represented an Australian company in US cartel investigation.
- Represented Sanford Health System in merger with MeritCare Health System with respect to antitrust and efficiency analysis.
- Appointed as Special Master in antitrust health care case pending in federal district court.
- Successfully defended the National Resident Matching Program in an antitrust class action lawsuit filed by three medical residents alleging a wage fixing conspiracy involving the nation’s leading teaching hospitals.
- Represented a defendant in LCD and CRT antitrust class action litigation in federal court in California.
- Assisted in the development of global antitrust compliance programs for several multinational companies, including related training and audit materials.
- Frequently advises companies forming or operating joint ventures or strategic alliances on antitrust issues.
- Represented consortia of insurers with respect to antitrust considerations in joint discussions and joint conduct.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Past Chair, Antitrust Section
- Chicago Bar Association - Past Chair, Antitrust Committee
- American Health Lawyers Association - Past Chair, Antitrust Committee
- Illinois Supreme Court~United States (1975)
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D.) (1975)
- Northwestern University (M.A.T.) (1971)
- Miami University (Ohio) (A.B.) (1970)