Daniel Burkhart is an associate in the Major Projects: Energy, Mining & Infrastructure Group of Baker McKenzie, Tokyo. Prior to joining the Firm, he worked at prominent law firms in Tokyo and Ohio. Mr. Burkhart also served as a clerk in the US District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
Mr. Burkhart's practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, general corporate law, and energy projects.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a US Fortune 500 oil and gas client on federal and state law, governance, and procedural aspects of the potential squeeze-out merger of a pipeline company jointly owned with a non-affiliated oil and gas firm.
- Advised a US oil and gas logistics client regarding easement and other legal aspects of proposed Midwestern US refined petroleum pipeline projects.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio~United States (2008)
- Harvard Law School (J.D.) (2007)
- University of Dayton (Bachelor of Arts) (2004)