Janett focuses on structuring corporate finance operations. She participated in corporate financing under local and foreign regulations, including her role as legal counsel of Grupo Bancolombia (Peru).
Janett advised investment funds and foreign general partners in structuring Investment Funds and rating Eligible Investments for PFAs and Insurance Companies, as well as banking institutions in their role as structuring entities in local and foreign debt issuance programs under different capital market regimes. She is experienced in venture capital transactions, startups advice including fundraising stage, and financial technology counseling.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Group Toulouse in a credit facility granted by Banco Santander and Scotiabank Peru of up to an amount of USD 80 billion for the refinancing of a financial debt after the acquisition of Toulouse Lautrec and UCAL by Enfoca.
- Advised the Social Security Standardization Office (ONP, as per its acronym in Spanish) in the negotiation of the portfolio and investment management agreement related to stock listed in the Latin American Integrated Market (MILA, in Spanish) for USD 100 billion with BBVA Spain, BTG Brazil and Compass Group.
- Advised SIGMA SAFI in the structuring, rounds of capital calls and investment and divestiture processes of the Investment Fund in Operational Leasing Leasop I for USD 200 billion.
- Advised Altamar Group regarding the Altamar X Global Private Equity FCR and the Altamar SICAV-RAIF for USD 200 billion in the investment of Peruvian Pension Funds Administrators (PFAs) and the ONP.
- Advised Lexington Capital Partners in the investment of a Peruvian PFA (confidential) for $500.000 in Lexington Capital Partners IX, LP.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advised Hot Rock Limited (Australia) in the sale of 100 % of its shareholding interest in Hot Rock Latam (Peru, Bolivia and Chile), holder of the geothermal resources concession in Peru, Bolivia and Chile, to the Energy Development Corporation (Philippines).
- Advised EFIC Partners, as a structuring entity, and the seller of a 13.49 % of the stock of Stracon GyM (leading unit in mining services sales in 2013) to the GyM Group.
- Advised Grupo Credito through their innovation unit "Krealo" in the acquisition of Compañía Incubadora de Soluciones Móviles S.A.C., operator of the technology platform of payment gateway "CULQI".
- Advised Independiente SAFI in the structuring of the Venture Capital Investment Fund winner of the PRODUCE Contest - Seed Round Investment Funds 2018.
- Advised Angel Ventures Peru in the structuring in the First Venture Capital Investment Fund for investment in stock, convertible bonds, SAFEs and others, in start-ups located in a Latin American country growing in the Latam region and in the US in the area of retail sales and financial technology - payment methods.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lima Bar Association
- Peru (2013)
- Boston University School of Law (Fundamentals of Banking Law,, awarded with Kathleen O'Day Scholarship) (2018)
- Boston University School of Law (MA. Master of Laws in Banking and Financial Law, , awarded with Kathleen O'Day Scholarship) (2018)
- Universidad del Pacifico (Corporate Finance Certificate Program) (2014)
- Universidad de San Martin de Porres (Law Degree, summa cum laude) (2012)
- Universidad de San Martin de Porres (Bachelor of Law) (2010)