Sina Buhl joined the Firm in 2017 as a research assistant in the German Practice Group IT during her studies of law at the University of Regensburg. In 2019, Sina seconded to the Baker McKenzie Office in Shanghai and assisted the Practice Group Corporate as a law clerk. Since 2020, Sina has been an associate in the Baker McKenzie Munich office and a member of the German Practice Group Litigation/Arbitration and focuses on internal investigations and the implementation of compliance management systems.
Sina advises on topics concerning commercial criminal law with focus on compliance topics and helps companies to become and stay compliant with laws and regulations around the globe. She assists clients in a broad range of compliance and dispute resolution matters including internal investigations, anti-corruption due diligence, corporate compliance and risk minimization strategies. Her main focus is the conduct of internal investigations in particular the interface between internal investigations an data privacy matters. She is in charge of the interface between the core area of data protection and compliance in particular with regard to internal investigations. In addition, Sina handles civil disputes with and without compliance reference.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a MDAX company on a sensitive compliance incident related to product safety, internal investigation and advice to management on risk reduction.
- Support of the Investigations Department of a SDAX company in the processing of dozens of suspected cases of criminal conduct.
- Support of the Investigations Department of a Pharmaceutical company in the processing of suspected cases of bribery allegations.
- Advising and representing a medical device company in a major lawsuit defending a multi-million dollar damages award and asserting its own claims for damages in a similar amount.
- Advised a medical device company in the context of a cross-border enforcement matter and coordinating the enforcement with German enforcement bodies.
- Advised an automobile manufacturer on data protection and investigations, in particular the handling of personal data prior to an internal investigation.
- Advised an automobile manufacturer on dealing with a request for legal assistance issued by a polish law enforcement agency.
- Advising a real estate investor in the course of a fraud case and assertion of civil damages claims.
- Consulting and implementation of a Compliance Management System, among other things for monitoring internal company processes relating to data protection law of a packaging manufacturer.
- Consulting a medical device manufacturer on the implementation of a compliance management system in the area of corporate governance.
- Germany (2020)
- Bavaria State (Second State Exam) (2018)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.