Michael advises individuals, partnerships, and corporations on a host of complicated US tax matters.
Michael regularly advises foreign individuals on tax efficient mechanisms for doing business in the United States, investing in US real estate, and pre-immigration planning. He regularly advises US individuals on matters that include making investments and doing business outside the United States, expatriations, and general tax planning for US investments and business. He also has experience in advising athletes, entertainers, and related organizations on unique tax matters.
Michael regularly advises corporate clients on mergers, acquisitions, restructurings and divestitures in a variety of business contexts. He has assisted companies with a number of international tax issues, including intellectual property migrations, Subpart F planning, foreign tax credit planning, tax-efficient cash repatriation strategies and post-acquisition integration and implementation. Michael also has experience in advising companies on cross-border tax matters involving technology, digital goods and services.
- Rising Star (Tax), Florida Super Lawyers, 2017-2018
- Recipient of Advocates of Pro Bono Commitment Award, Miami Dade County Bar Association, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Greater Miami Tax Institute - President, Vice President
- Florida Bar, Tax Section - Co-Chair of Inbound Tax Committee, Assistant Director
- Florida Bar, Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Section - Member
- Legal Services of Greater Miami, Chair of Tax Pro Bono Committee
- New York~United States (2013)
- Florida~United States (2012)
- New York University School of Law (LL.M. Taxation) (2013)
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (J.D. cum laude) (2012)
- University of Central Florida (B.S.B.A. Accounting & Finance) (2009)