Dr. Brückner advises clients on all aspects of European and German antitrust and competition law. He has in-depth experience in national and multinational merger control cases, as well as European and national cartel and antitrust proceedings. Dr. Brückner has represented clients in antitrust and state aid litigation matters before the European Courts. He is experienced in conducting investigations, advising on compliance matters and dawn raids. His recent clients include German and international companies, particularly in the transport, food, chemical and automotive industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a major German transport company with respect to antitrust allegations before the European Commission and the European Courts.
- Advised on a number of high-profile EU, German and multijurisdictional merger control proceedings.
- Advised a major German client in cartel proceedings before the Federal Cartel Office and against follow-up cartel damage claims.
- Advised a multinational company in internal investigation and compliance matters.
- Recommended in Competition Future Leaders (Non-partners), Who's Who Legal 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Association of Antitrust Lawyers - Member
- Germany (2010)
- University of Cologne (Dr. jur.) (2011)
- Oxford University (M.Jur.) (2007)
- Higher Regional Court of Dusseldorf (Second State Examination) (2006)
- University of Konstanz (First State Exam) (2004)
- University of Geneva (2001)
News, Events & Publications
Co-author (with Prof. Tom Hoehn), "Monitoring Compliance with Merger Remedies - The Role of the Monitoring Trustee," Competition Law International, September 2010
Author, "Der Treuhänder in der Europäischen Fusionskontrolle," Heymann Verlag, 2012