Simon is an associate in the Banking and Finance group.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie in Melbourne, Simon worked in the banking and finance team at a top-tier Australian firm.
Simon has experience in a broad range of banking and finance transactions, including project finance, acquisition finance and corporate finance.
Simon also has experience advising financiers and borrowers in relation to distressed situations, including financial restructures and workouts.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for financiers / sponsors / bidders on project finance transactions (including PPPs), particularly in the renewable energy sector as well as social and affordable housing
- Advising on various leveraged / acquisition and corporate transactions (particularly in the energy and infrastructure sectors)
- Advising ASX listed borrowers and major Australian banks in relation to syndicated and bilateral lending facilities and global debt issuance programs
- Advising real estate financiers and developers on various real estate and construction financings
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Asia Pacific Loan Markets Association (APLMA) – General Member
- Supreme Court of Victoria~Australia (2016)
- High Court of Australia (2016)
- University of Melbourne (Juris Doctor) (2016)
- University of Melbourne (B.A.) (2012)