Danielle is a Senior Associate in the Employment Group of the London Office at Baker McKenzie. Danielle joined the firm in 2007 as a trainee, and qualified into the Employment Group in 2009.
Danielle advises clients on a broad range of employment law issues including Employment Tribunal litigation, complex discrimination issues and day to day general counsel queries, corporate reorganisations and transactions and the employment law implications of pension scheme changes. Her clients operate across a wide range of industries including the technology, retail, consulting, financial and media sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a global online retailer in relation to Tribunal claims for disability and race discrimination, and oversaw the remainder of the client's UK Tribunal litigation.
- Acted for a US technology company in relation to the potential enforcement by one of its competitors of post-termination restrictions in an employee's former contract of employment.
- Advised a high profile media organisation in relation to numerous grievances relating to equal pay.
- Updating and re-formatting the template UK employment contracts for an international retail company, and coordinating a similar update of its European contracts, in conjunction with overseas colleagues.
- Advised a US technology company on the implementation of a particularly contentious UK redundancy.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Employment Lawyers Association
Danielle provides regular employment law advice to pro bono clients, including Working Families (a work-life balance charity, helping working parents and carers find a better balance between responsibilities at home and in the workplace), and Save the Children.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2009)
- Oxford Institute of Legal Practice (Legal Practice Course - with distinction) (2006)
- University of Exeter (Law with European Study (Spanish) - first class honours) (2005)
- Contributor, "Tolley's Discrimination Law Handbook" (2nd edition), 2011
- Regular presenter of training sessions to clients on a variety of employment law issues
- Contributor to a number of articles, including a PLC article on team moves
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.