Errin Brits is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate M&A Practice Group in Johannesburg.
Errin routinely assists private and public companies across a diverse range of industries and jurisdictions. Her sector experience includes Consumer Goods & Retail, Healthcare & Life Sciences (including animal health), Technology, Media & Telecommunications, and Energy, Mining & Infrastructure.
Errin conducts and coordinates due diligence investigations, prepares due diligence reports, assists with the implementation and execution of local and cross-border transactions, and advises on aspects of the South African Companies Act, 2008 and corporate governance.
Her experience extends to the drafting of a variety of corporate and commercial documents including memoranda of incorporation, shareholders agreements and sale of shares agreements.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Ascendis Health Limited on the disposal of the Ascendis Animal Health business. Awarded Private Equity Deal of the Year by DealMakers in 2021. *
- Advised Ascendis on the disposal of Respiratory Care Africa Proprietary Limited. Shortlisted for Private Equity Deal of the Year by DealMakers in 2021. *
- Advised Vodacom Group Limited on the acquisition of a 55% interest in Vodacom Egypt Telecommunications SAE. Awarded Brunswick Deal of the Year by DealMakers in 2021. *
- Advised Massmart Holdings Limited on the current disposal of the Cambridge Food & Rhino business, Massfresh business and select Masscash Cash and Carry stores to Shoprite Checkers Proprietary Limited. *
- Advised The Foschini Group on the acquisition of Tapestry Home Brands Proprietary Limited. *
- Advised Massmart in relation to the acquisition by Walmart Inc of the remaining shares in Massmart by way of a scheme of arrangement and subsequent delisting. *
- Advised International Finance Corporation on the commercial aspects of the 350 MW Mpatamanga hydropower project. *
- Advised Tyme Bank in relation to the acquisition of the entire issued share capital in Retail Capital Limited. *
* Experience obtained prior to joining Baker McKenzie
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Legal Practice Counsel of South Africa - Member
- South Africa (2023)
- University of the Witwatersrand (LLB, cum laude) (2020)
- University of the Witwatersrand (BA Law and International Relations, cum laude) (2018)