Lindsay primarily focuses her practice on complex commercial disputes and represents clients from a variety of industries in international and domestic arbitrations, including in front of the ICC, LCIA, ICDR, and AAA, as well as in US federal and state court. She also has experience in corporate compliance counseling, internal investigations, and grand jury investigations. Additionally, Lindsay represents management in all aspects of labor and employment law, including defending employers in cases involving employment discrimination, breach of employment contract, and other employee-related claims.
Lindsay’s experience in litigation, arbitration, and corporate compliance work extends to a host of international matters involving clients and/or issues in Brazil, Canada, France, Italy, Japan, Hong Kong, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Turkmenistan, and the United Kingdom.
Representative Legal Matters
- Obtained USD 45 million ICC arbitration award against a UAE entity on behalf of an oil and gas drilling company for a breach of drilling contract.
- Represented a publicly traded company in an ICC French law arbitration involving post-closing adjustment and indemnity disputes arising out of a acquisition worth over USD 300 million.
- Obtained a multimillion dollar AAA arbitration award in a breach of executive agreement case on behalf of a multinational energy trading company.
- Represented an energy company under federal investigation.
- Represented an international oil field service company in an LCIA arbitration in a dispute involving breach of contract regarding construction of an oil and gas production facility in Nigeria, securing a favorable settlement.
- Led a compliance review for a public college system.
- Obtained a multimillion dollar settlement for a British exporter in US federal court litigation.
- Defended a commercial airline against allegations of systemic disability discrimination.
- Represented a specialty engineering firm in a dispute concerning the construction of facilities in the Baltic states.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- Houston Bar Association - Member
- Texas Young Lawyers Association - Member
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas~United States (2012)
- Texas~United States (2011)
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law (J.D. cum laude) (2011)
- University of Notre Dame (B.A.) (2008)
Co-author, “T, G, and E under the FCPA: How Much is Too Much?,” The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation, 2018
Co-author, "Employment Law Update: ADA, Pregnancy, ADEA and Texas Cases," Chapter 2, State Bar of Texas, Essentials of Business Law, 2015
Presenter, "Tales from the Crypt: Dealing with the Rambo Litigator," Association of Corporate Counsel Houston Litigation Practice Group Meeting, May 2017
Presenter, "What Every Cross-Border M&A Lawyer Needs to Know About Dispute Resolution," May 2017
Presenter, "Religion, Sex & Politics: Legal Developments for Employers on the Topics Your Mother Told You Never to Discuss in the Workplace," Association of Corporate Counsel Houston Labor & Employment Practice Group Meeting, June 2016