Timothy Breier is a partner in the Firm's Dispute Resolution Practice Group who joined the Bangkok office in 2001. As a negotiator, tactician and liaison, he often acts as a bridge between international and domestic concerns involving a broad range of legal issues. He has been recognized by Legal 500 and Chambers Asia Pacific for his work on cross-border matters and dispute resolution.
Mr. Breier assists teams that are involved in a variety of projects and matters primarily involving arbitration, construction matters, anti-corruption and compliance, restructuring and contractual disputes.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted a team representing a foreign government in a USD32 million ad hoc arbitration proceeding in relation to the termination of contracts for premises leased for embassy staff.
- Assisted a team representing a multinational building and construction materials company in defending an international arbitration dispute arising from a merger and acquisition.
- Assisted a team representing a global resort developer and operator in seven Thai Arbitration Institute arbitration claims, valued at USD20 million and involving client’s compliance with local land sub-division regulations, building standards, the division of rental pool proceeds and the levy of maintenance fees.
- Assisted a team representing an insurer in two Department of Insurance arbitration claims against reinsurers, seeking payment of outstanding amounts due under first and second loss occurrences pursuant to an Excess of Loss Reinsurance Agreement for Fire Excess of Loss.
- Assisted a team representing a regional warehousing entity in defending an arbitration claim involving destruction of the counter-party’s goods during the 2011 Thailand flooding.
- Assisted a team representing a regional power company in handling an arbitration claim by a contractor seeking additional costs for the dredging of a channel and port, as well as the reclamation of land and construction of bunds.
- Assisted a team representing an international food products manufacturer in defending an arbitration claim seeking additional costs from the construction contractor.
- Assisted a team representing an international manufacturer of microchips in a complex, USD30 million share sale agreement, which involved placing the client’s company into business reorganization.
- Assisted a team concluding a multimillion dollar assignment and transfer of loans and claims supported by a complex security structure, representing debts and claims owed by and held against a major Thai oil company debtor under business reorganization.
- Assisted a team representing a US-based international agricultural company in a criminal claim lodged by a Thai governmental agency against the company and its directors, as well as an internal investigation of its Thai subsidiary.
- 'Recommended Lawyer' in International Arbitration, Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2016
- 'Up and Coming' in Dispute Resolution, Chambers Asia Pacific 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Federal Bar for the Eastern District of Missouri
- Missouri Bar Association
- Phi Delta Phi
- American Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Theta History Honors Society
- International Chamber of Commerce
- Federal Bar, Eastern District of Missouri~United States (1997)
- Missouri~United States (1997)
- University of Missouri at Columbia (J.D.) (1996)
- Texas Christian University (B.A.) (1991)