Eduardo dedicates part of his time to train students, mainly public officers, in post-graduate studies and workshops offered by academic and financial institutions on the structuring of PPP projects. He gained vast experience in the structuring of PPP projects at federal and local levels, in various sectors such as renewable energies, health, transportation and public security.
Eduardo also advises clients on general corporate matters and has participated in the design and implementation of various corporate governance mechanisms. He has represented lenders and borrowers in structured credit facilities and financial restructurings.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Eduardo worked on the following matters:
- Advised the Mexican Energy Ministry on the implementation of the Wholesale Electricity Market and the restructuring of CFE, including the drafting and publication of the Electricity Market Bases and Business Practice Manuals.
- Advised the Mexican Public Security Ministry on the design, structuring, allocation and implementation of long-term service agreements for the development of eight federal prisons.
- Advised Grupo INDI and Calidad de Vida on the structuring and implementation of two PPP projects for the Mexico City government regarding matters of public security. Project was named “Latin American Social Infrastructure Deal of the Year 2012” by Project Finance Magazine.
- Advised Banco del Bajío on the financing and implementation of the PPP for the Regional Hospital of Tlalnepantla. Matter was named “Latin American PPP Deal of the Year 2011” by Project Finance Magazine.
- Advised Dexia Mexico on the financing of the High Specialization Regional Hospital of Ciudad Victoria and Support Unit, in Ciudad Victoria, Tamaulipas, under the federal PPP program. Matter was named “Latin American PPP Deal of the Year 2008” by Project Finance Magazine.
- Advised Mexico Power Group on the development of various wind farms for the generation of electricity for self-supply in several Mexican states, with a total installed capacity of approximately 1,000 MW over five years.
- Advised several Mexican state governments on formulating a diagnosis of the current legal and regulatory frameworks regarding PPP as well as preparing a legislative, regulatory or institutional reform proposal in order to adapt and modernize said framework.
- Latin American Social Infrastructure Deal of the Year, Project Finance Magazine, 2012
- Mention on the Projects and Infrastructure Practice as key support, Legal 500, 2012
- Latin American PPP Deal of the Year, Project Finance Magazine, 2011
- Latin American PPP Deal of the Year, Project Finance Magazine, 2008
- Mexico (2009)
- Boston University School of Law (LL.M. in Banking & Finance Law) (2014)
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law (Diploma U.S. Law) (2012)
- Escuela Libre de Derecho (Post Graduate Diploma Commercial Law) (2011)
- Universidad Iberoamericana (J.D.) (2009)
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Exchange Program) (2007)