John Brao is an associate in the Corporate & Securities Practice Group of Baker McKenzie's Toronto office. As a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School, John spent a semester abroad in London, England studying corporate/commercial law at Queen Mary University of London. Prior to joining the Firm as an associate, John articled at a boutique litigation firm and later worked for a leading full service firm, where he gained diverse experience in a variety of corporate practice areas.
John's practice focuses on corporate and commercial matters, domestic and cross-border private and public company M&A, and securities-related matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Brookfield Business Partners L.P. in connection with the non-US legal aspects of its USD 13.2 billion acquisition of Johnson Controls’ Power Solutions business. The transaction spanned over 40 jurisdictions.
- Represented Sika, a Swiss chemical group in its successful acquisition of King Packaged Materials Company.
- Acted for the Lufthansa Group and the Lufthansa Innovation Hub in connection with its investment in Hopper Inc.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Ontario - Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Member
- Ontario~Canada (2018)
- Osgoode Hall Law School (JD) (2017)
- Carleton University (BA Honors with high distinction, Criminology and Criminal Justice with a concentration in Law) (2014)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.