Erik Brändt Öfverholm heads Baker McKenzie’s EU and Competition Law Practice Group in Stockholm. Prior to joining the Firm, he practiced in another major law firm in Stockholm between 2010 and 2017.
Erik advises clients on all competition law-related matters, including cross-border and domestic merger control, court litigation and matters before competition authorities, compliance, state aid and public procurement.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Nordic Capital Fund IX with the merger control aspects of their acquisition of Trustly AB.
- Advised FSN Capital on its acquisition of Office-IT Partner, Zetup and Dicom.
- Advised St1 Sverige AB on its joint venture with SCA on production of renewable fuels
- Advised an international shipping company on merger control and anti-trust related matters
- Advised an international company on a large scale investigation by the Swedish Competition Authority in the Swedish market
- Advised the Red Cross Centre for Tortured Refugees in Stockholm City Councils procurement of psychiatry treatment for refugees.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swedish Bar Association - Member
- Sweden (2014)
- Uppsala University (Juris Kandidat (LL.M.)) (2009)
- University of Antwerp (IELSP) (2006)
Baker & McKenzie Advokatbyrå KB is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.