Valeri advises on all aspects of competition law and economic regulation, including merger control, abuse of dominance, restrictive agreements and cartel investigations. He advises clients in a variety of sectors, including financial services, technology, communications, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, consumer goods. Valeri has experience representing clients before the UK competition authorities, as well as the European Commission and the European Courts.
Valeri routinely assists in the coordination of global competition issues for a number of clients. He has advised on various cartel investigations and attended dawn raids.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Platinum Equity Group on the acquisition of, inter alia, Emerson Network Power Business, Husky Injection Molding Systems, American & Efird, Wyndham Vacation Rentals, Johnson & Johnson's Blood Glucose Monitoring Business. Assisted with the coordination and management of filings across various jurisdictions, including the EU, China, Brazil, Canada, India etc.
- Advised British American Tobacco on the acquisition of Bulgartabac.
- Successfully represented a photographic equipment company before the European Commission in an antitrust investigation of its selective distribution system.
- Advised several pharmaceutical companies in relation to their technology-transfer activities.
- Advising on various vertical issues in the pharmaceutical, health, beauty, food, road infrastructure and tobacco sectors .
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Bulgarian City Lawyers Network
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2016)
- Bulgaria (2013)
- King's College London, UK (LLM) (2014)
- Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski, Bulgaria (Magistere de Juris) (2012)
- University of Saarbrucken (Erasmus) (2010)
Research assistant to Professors Richard Whish and David Bailey, 8th edition of Competition law book, Oxford University Press, 2015