James' practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and providing company law and governance advice to Australian-based and foreign companies.
He has particular experience in advising on domestic and cross-border private M&A transactions, and the acquisition of Australian companies and businesses. He has a burgeoning interest in transactions and projects in the renewable energy sector.
Representative Legal Matters
Acted for a range of Australian-based and foreign companies in respect of joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions, with a particular focus on the agricultural and energy sectors.
Advised a number of Australian-based and foreign companies in respect of their corporate governance and regulatory compliance obligations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Registered Migration Agent (Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority)
- Volunteer lawyer, Refugee Legal
- Volunteer lawyer, Women's Legal Service Victoria
- Volunteer lawyer, Justice Connect Self-Representation Service
- Recipient, Baker McKenzie Pro-Bono Award
- Member, BakerDNA Committee
- Member, Indigenous Engagement Committee
- Member, Melbourne Social Committee
- High Court of Australia (2018)
- Supreme Court of Victoria~Australia (2018)
- Georgetown University Law Center (Centre for Transnational Legal Studies) (2017)
- University of Melbourne (JD) (2017)
- University of Melbourne (BA, Art History; Media and Communications) (2013)
- University College Dublin (Exchange Program) (2013)