Olympe is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie’s Corporate Department in London. She is also a member of the Global Energy, Mining and Infrastructure Group.
Olympe’s practice focuses on M&A, joint ventures and project development in the resources and energy sectors, with a particular focus on francophone Africa.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Tailwind Energy in relation to its acquisition of a portfolio of UKCS upstream assets from a US listed E&P corporate.
- Advised Sound Energy plc and Schlumberger on their proposed sale of upstream gas assets in Eastern Morocco.
- Acted for Sound Energy plc in relation to: (1) its farm-in agreements relating to the Tendrara and the Sidi Moktar permits in Morocco; (2) its option agreement to acquire a participating interest in the Meridja permits in Morocco; and (3) its two synthetic farm-out agreements with Schlumberger.
- Advised a multinational oil and gas company in connection with its farm-in into an onshore oil and gas concession in Egypt.
- Advised a Chinese investment fund on its bid for Chevron's Myanmar upstream oil & gas assets.
- Advised an international oil and gas company on a petroleum agreement for unconventional oil and gas in Morocco.
- Acted for the Office National de l'Electricité et de l'Eau Potable of Morocco on the procurement and development of its 850 MW wind farm program on an IPP basis.
- Advised an international development financial institution on its financing to a buyer for the acquisition of a solar farm in Argentina.
- Acted for the Asian Development Bank in connection with the project financing of a solar farm in Samoa.
- Acted for one of the largest commercial banks in Thailand in connection with a USD 120 million facility for the development and operation of a coal mine in Australia.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales
- New York Bar Association
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN)
- Young Professionals in Energy (YPE)
- International Project Finance Association
- Senior Courts of England & Wales~United Kingdom (2012)
- New York~United States (2010)
- New York University School of Law (Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Corporation Law)
- Essex University (LL.B. in English Law and French Law)
- University of Paris X (Nanterre) (Licence and Master 1 - Droits de L’Europe)
- Co-author, "Shale Gas, An International Guide," Baker McKenzie, 2014
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.