Olympe Bory is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie’s Energy, Mining and Infrastructure Group in London. Olympe focuses on project development in the oil and gas, power and infrastructure sectors, with a particular focus on francophone Africa. She also has experience in financing and corporate transactions.
Olympe joined Baker McKenzie as a trainee solicitor in September 2010. She qualified into the Energy, Mining and Infrastructure Group in September 2012. Olympe completed client secondments at Standard Chartered Bank, Anadarko Algeria LLC, a subsidiary of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation and Rio Tinto. Recently, Olympe was seconded to Baker McKenzie's Banking & Finance team in Sydney, where she further developed her Banking & Finance practice.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Sound Energy Plc in relation to, among others, (1) its farm-in relating to the Tendrara permits in Morocco; (2) its farm-in with PetroMaroc relating to the Sidi Moktar permits in Morocco; and (3) its Field Management Agreement with Schlumberger in relation to the Tendrara permits.
- Advised a Chinese investment fund on its bid, in an auction process, for Chevron's Myanmar upstream oil & gas assets.
- Advised an AIM listed oil & gas company in relation with the acquisition of a portfolio of exploration and production concessions in Egypt and Morocco.
- Acted for a national oil company on the potential acquisition of a portfolio of North Sea assets.
- Advised for a junior mining company in relation to their acquisition of a majority interest in a company holding an exploration permit for bauxite in Guinea.
- Acted for the Office National de l'Electricité et de l'Eau Potable of Morocco on the procurement and development of its 850 MW wind farm program on an IPP basis.
- Advised KfW on the bankability of renewable energy PPAs in a number of African jurisdictions.
- Assisted a major oil and gas company on its entry into a liquefaction project framework agreement and related amendments to its existing re-gasification terminal use agreement.
- Acted for the Asian Development Bank in connection with the project financing of a solar farm in Samoa.
- Acted for one of the largest commercial banks in Thailand in connection with a USDD 120 millilon facility for the development and operation of a coal mine in Australia.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales
- New York Bar Association
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN)
- Young Professionals in Energy (YPE)
- International Project Finance Association
- Senior Courts of England & Wales~United Kingdom (2012)
- New York~United States (2010)
- College of Law (Legal Practice Course with distinction) (2010)
- New York University School of Law (LLM Corporation Law) (2009)
- Essex University (LLB English Law and French Law) (2009)
- University of Paris X (Nanterre) (Masters I Droits de L’Europe Major in French and Anglo-American Business Law) (2008)
- University of Paris X (Nanterre) (Licence Droits de L’Europe Major in French and Anglo-American Business Law) (2007)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.