Andrey Bogdanov is an associate in the Moscow office of Baker McKenzie. Andrey has experience in domestic/international litigation with a strong focus on insolvency and restructuring disputes, cross-border insolvencies and asset tracing matters.
The Legal 500 has recognized Andrey as a key lawyer in restructuring and insolvency disputes and in domestic litigation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised an international animal and plant care holding regarding the risks and mitigation measures related to their distressed Russian subsidiary.
- Advised a leading global chemical and consumer goods producer on the actions required to enforce outstanding receivables against a large Russian distributor, which involved outlining the principal clawback risks and required mitigation steps related to payments received by the client from the distributor for approximately USD 150 million.
- Prepared a detailed assessment of the insolvency proceedings commenced against the largest Russian pharmacy chain with recommendations regarding the actions required to increase the amount of recovery in the course of advising a multinational pharmaceutical corporation.
- Advised a world-renowned film studio regarding a business structure that reduces the clawback risks within the potential insolvency proceedings of a large Russian cinema holding.
- Participated in the representation of a leading multinational corporation providing internet-related products in the course of a dispute with a former contractor that had commenced in a Cypriot court. The aggregate value of the dispute was approximately USD 29 million.
- Represented an international bankruptcy practitioner (liquidator) in Russian asset tracing (assets were valued at USD 60 million). This project involved court representation, participation in large-scale corporate insolvencies and personal bankruptcies, supporting enforcement proceedings and negotiating settlement agreements.
- Represented an American aviation service corporation in a dispute with the receiver of an insolvent Russian airline company regarding the clawback of the purchase agreements of aircraft engines. The overall claimed amount was USD 13 million.
- Represented a leading manufacturer of medical devices within the insolvency proceedings of a distressed Russian distributor. This case involved numerous litigations, including a defense against the claims of an affiliated creditor and court proceedings on listing the client's claims in the creditors' register.
- Represented international film studios in the numerous clawback disputes commenced in the course of the insolvency proceedings of one of the largest Russian cinema holdings.
- Represented a multinational pharmaceutical corporation in the course of clawback proceedings with the receiver of an insolvent Russian pharmacy chain.
- Russia (2016)
- Moscow Higher School of Social and Economic Sciences (LLM private international and comparative law) (2018)
- Maastricht University (training program in international commercial law) (2018)
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations (LLB) (2016)
- Author, "Collection of Practical Issues Important to Small Practitioners: Russian Federation," INSOL Small Practice Technical Paper, August 2020
- Author, "Bankruptcy tourism in Russia and China: comparative analysis," Arbitration.ru, 2019
- Co-author, "Liability of Controlling Persons in Corporate Insolvency: Evolving Trends in Russian Law and Practice." INSOL International Technical Paper, 2019
- Co-author, "Cryptocurrency in Russian Bankruptcy Cases," INSOL, fourth quarter 2018