Fabian Böttger is a senior associate of the Intellectual Property Practice Group in Baker McKenzie's Munich office. From September 2013 to August 2014 he worked in the Firm’s Washington, DC office. Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Böttger worked as an associate in the law firm Taylor Wessing.
Mr. Böttger focuses his practice on patent law, especially license, CRO/CMO, joint venture and other technology agreements. He also advises on related issues such as European competition law and German employee inventions law. He has experience in patent litigation and regularly advises on IP aspects in corporate transactions. Mr. Böttger’s main industry focus is the life science (pharmaceuticals and medical devices) sector, but he also regularly advises clients in the automotive and mechanical/machinery sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Regularly advises pharmaceutical and biotech companies on structuring and negotiating license agreements, CMO / supply agreements, clinical-trial-related agreements and CDAs regarding their proprietary compounds and development/screening technologies.
- Advised a German medical device company on an equity investment and licensing deal with a US company.
- Advised a multinational technology company on patent ownership issues in relation to a newly-acquired subsidiary.
- Advised CureVac GmbH on intellectual property issues in an equity investment by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Advised a measurement equipment company on a research project funded by DARPA.
- Regularly advises multinational corporations on structuring and implementing efficient employee invention policies for Germany.
- Advised Heidelberger Druckmaschinen on technology agreements with Masterwork Machinery Co. Ltd. (China).
- Advised several European biotech companies on licensing and development cooperations with Japanese pharmaceutical companies.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Licensing Executives Society (LES) - Member
- Deutsche Vereinigung fur Gewerblichen Rechtschutz und Urheberrecht e.V - Member
- Deutsch Brasilianische Juristenvereinigung (DBJV) - Member
- Germany (2007)
- Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition (Munich, Germany) (2009)
- University of Munich (Assessor Exam) (2006)
- University of Texas at Austin (LL.M.) (2005)
- University of Munich (Referendar Exam) (2003)
- University of Tuebingen
- Washington, DC