Dr. Björn Bastian Boerger is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Munich office and a member of the Corporate Practice Group. Prior to joining the Firm, he spent his legal clerkship in the jurisdiction of the Higher Regional Court of Karlsruhe. During this period, he clerked at another international law firm in Berlin and Washington, DC, focusing on internal investigations and white collar crime. Björn also served as a research assistant at the University of Freiburg, where he authored a number of publications on white collar crime as well as liability of management in a comparative law context.
Björn focuses mainly on corporate law matters, with particular emphasis on corporate compliance. His main practice areas are internal investigations, white collar (corruption, fraud, embezzlement, and money laundering) and related civil disputes as well as prevention measures addressing fraud and money laundering risks.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a listed stock company on potential liability of management for non-prevention of large-scale fraud by outsiders.
- Assisted a global company in its internal investigations relating to potential FCPA-violations and fraud.
- Counseled risk assessments in multinational companies on anti money laundering, anti corruption, and export controls as well as design of money laundering compliance programs.
- Advised a financial institution on handling criminal investigations concerning misapplication of property and fraud in insolvency and on avoiding commission of tax-related offences.
- Germany (2017)
- Albert-Ludwigs University of Freiburg (Dr. iur.) (2017)
- OLG Karlsruhe (Second State Exam) (2011)
- Albert-Ludwigs University of Freiburg (First State Exam) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.