Kellie's main focus is advising private sector clients on their strategic IT projects. She also advises clients how to develop, commercialise and implement digital and technology solutions whilst managing legal and regulatory risk.
Kellie acts as a trusted advisor to some of the world's best known and most innovative technology companies. She frequently contributes to legal and industry publications on technology and privacy matters. Admitted in Scotland in 2008, she is also a member of the UK Society of Computers and Law.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Kellie handled the following matters:
- Advised on the procurement of critical public data centre infrastructure and an enterprise resource planning system with a value of USD 11 million.
- Advised on commercial negotiations with a leading software vendor following a claim for approximately USD 3 million additional licence fees arising from alleged indirect use.
- Advised on the establishment of a cloud service marketplace and the nature and form of the associated contractual framework.
- Advised on the development and testing of a ride hailing application in the GCC.
- Advised on the implementation of a statewide data sharing framework.
- Advised on the development of a legislative framework for the introduction of a national digital identity system.
- Advised on the development of a national data sharing framework for the insurance industry.
- Advised an international defence contractor on the risks associated with penetration testing in respect of critical IT infrastructure of a GCC Government.
- Advised on commercial negotiations with a regional bank for the supply of smart cards enabled with near field technology for use in contactless payment systems.
- Scotland (Solicitor) (2008)
- Chartered Institute of IT (ISEB Data Protection Certificate) (2011)
- Glasgow Graduate School of Law (Diploma in Legal Practice) (2007)
- University of Glasgow (LLB, Hons) (2006)
Co-author, "The impact of the GDPR on business in the Middle East," Lexology, 14 March 2018
Co-author, "A telecoms shake-up?," The Oath, February 2018
Co-author, "Data protection law in Qatar," Lexology, 21 December 2017
Co-author, "Protecting your app: legal issues associated with mobile app development," The Oath 17 October 2017 and Lexology, 5 November 2017
Co-author, "Data protection compliance in the MENA healthcare sector," Lexology, 3 August 2017