Michelle is a partner in the Firm's Intellectual Property Practice Group and head of the IP team in London. Michelle specialises in transactional IP. She has significant depth of experience handling IP aspects of M&A transactions. She also regularly assists clients in a wide range of industries with IP advisory work, licensing, R&D and cost-sharing arrangements and regulatory and IP compliance advice. Michelle has a strong interest in tax aspects of intangibles and is a core member of Baker McKenzie’s global taxation of intangibles practice group.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a client in respect of acquisitions, disposal and licensing of key home, personal care and food brands.
- Advised WME IMG on their acquisition of the rights to operate Winter Wonderland Hyde Park.
- Advised Cargill on its EUR1.4 billion acquisition of EWOS salmon-feed company.
- Advised Rio Tinto on the sale of its interest in its Hydrogen energy business to joint venture partner BP.
- Advised American Standard on their USD1.75 billion sale of the Bath & Kitchen division.
- Advised BP plc in relation to its joint ventures with Solvay and Nova and the spin-out of its Innovene chemicals businesses.
- Advised Smirnoff/Smirnov vodka joint venture for Diageo plc.
- Advised Borders Books on their disposal of UK and Irish operations.
- Twelve month secondment to lead MTV’s digital media practice.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2003)
- Australia (1998)
- Bristol University (Diploma IP Law) (2002)
- Cambridge University (LL.M. First Class) (1999)
- Flinders University (Bachelor of Commerce) (1998)
- Flinders University (LL.B. Honors) (1998)