Michelle L. Blunt
Baker & McKenzie LLP
Michelle is a Consultant in the Intellectual Property team in London. Michelle is knowledgeable in transactional IP. She has significant depth of experience handling IP aspects of M&A transactions. She also regularly assists clients in a wide range of industries with IP advisory work, licensing, R&D and cost-sharing arrangements and regulatory and IP compliance advice. Michelle has a strong interest in tax aspects of intangibles and has been a core member of Baker McKenzie’s global taxation of intangibles practice group.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a client in respect of acquisitions, disposal and licensing of key home, personal care and food brands.
- Advised WME IMG on their acquisition of the rights to operate Winter Wonderland Hyde Park.
- Advised Cargill on its EUR1.4 billion acquisition of EWOS salmon-feed company.
- Advised Rio Tinto on the sale of its interest in its Hydrogen energy business to joint venture partner BP.
- Advised American Standard on their USD1.75 billion sale of the Bath & Kitchen division.
- Advised BP plc in relation to its joint ventures with Solvay and Nova and the spin-out of its Innovene chemicals businesses.
- Advised Smirnoff/Smirnov vodka joint venture for Diageo plc.
- Advised Borders Books on their disposal of UK and Irish operations.
- Twelve month secondment to lead MTV’s digital media practice.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2003)
- Australia (1998)
- Bristol University (Diploma IP Law) (2002)
- Cambridge University (LL.M., First Class) (1999)
- Flinders University (Bachelor of Commerce) (1998)
- Flinders University (LL.B., Honors) (1998)
Speaker/Author, Commercial IP issues including the taxation of intangibles, managing IP contracts in an economic downturn and effective IP due diligence.
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.