Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Eurocontrol, the European organisation for the safety of Air Navigation, on its EUR 272,000,000 term loan facility co-arranged by HSBC, KBC and KfW Ipex Bank.
- Acted for Luxembourg commodities trader and merchant Traxys on their USD 1,287,000,000 flagship multicurrency syndicated borrowing base credit facilities.
- Acted for ING Belgium SA/NV and KBC Bank NV as lenders on the restructuring of the Le Pain Quotidien restaurant group.
- Acted for ING and CACIB on a Credendo (the Belgian Export Credit Agency) backed financing to the ministry of finance of Ivory Coast.
- Acted for Caisse d'Epargne et de Prévoyance Hauts de France as arranger, agent and security agent in connection with the financing of the acquisition by Tikehau Capital of a 30,000 m² mixed-use real estate portfolio in the heart of Brussels.
- Acted for Spanish tour operator Wamos SA on the bankruptcy and restructuring aspects of its purchase of two thirds of Thomas Cook Retail Belgium’s travel agent shops.
- Acted for BNP Paribas Fortis SA/NV and KBC Bank NV as senior lenders on the senior facilities for MashCo NV to buy marshmallows producer Mr Mallo.
- Acted for private equity firm Ergon on the financing of the acquisition of tech talent company TMC.
- Acted for potato product producer Agristo on their capex financing.
- Acted for the lenders on the financing of the acquisition of ski resort operator SnowWorld by Alychlo, the investment company of Marc Coucke.
- New York~United States (2008)
- Brussels~Belgium (2007)
- New York University School of Law (LLM, Fulbright scholar and Honorary BAEF fellow) (2007)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Law Degree, summa cum laude) (2006)
Author, "Proposed New Belgian Companies Code: so what for Lenders?", June 2018
Author, "Borrowing Base Lending Under the Belgian Security Over Movables Act", December 2016
Author, "Borrowing Base kredietverlening onder de nieuwe Pandwet", Financieel Forum / Bank- en Financieel Recht, 298-310, 2016