Eric Blomme is a counsel in the Banking & Finance Practice Group in the Brussels office. He joined Baker McKenzie in 2015, after having acquired extensive experience in another international law firm.
Eric advises both lenders and borrowers on a wide range of domestic and cross-border lending transactions. His core practice consists of acquisition finance, asset finance (esp. borrowing base lending), real estate finance and export finance (esp. ECA-backed lending transactions).
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for the lenders on the financing of the acquisition of snack producer Vanreusel by private equity firm Ergon.
- Acted for mining and metals company Nyrstar on the USD 125 million refinancing of a zinc prepayment transaction.
- Acted for commodities trader and merchant Traxys on the USD 1.5 billion refinancing of their borrowing base facilities.
- Acted for molecular diagnostics company Biocartis on a EUR 24 million project financing provided by European Investment Bank.
- Acted for BNP Paribas Fortis on a Credendo-backed export financing for a Turkish borrower.
- Acted for the lenders on the financing of an add-on acquisition for sports nutrition company Aminolabs.
- Acted for the lenders on the EUR 176 million financing of several add-on acquisitions by specialty building materials company Fedrus.
- Acted for private equity firm Ergon on the EUR 121 million financing of the acquisition of puzzle magazines publisher Keesing Media Group.
- Acted for commodities trader and merchant Traxys on the USD 250 million borrowing base financing of the acquisition of CMC Cometals.
- Acted for patato manufacturer Agristo on various amendments to their EUR 222 million capex financing.
- New York~United States (2008)
- Brussels~Belgium (2007)
- New York University School of Law (LLM Fulbright scholar and Honorary BAEF fellow) (2007)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Law Degree summa cum laude) (2006)