Oleg Blinov is a lawyer in the Moscow office of Baker McKenzie. Mr. Blinov joined the corporate practice and IP practice groups of the firm in 2014. Prior to joining the firm, Oleg Blinov worked as an intellectual property paralegal at another law firm and as an intern at the World Intellectual Property Organization (Geneva, Switzerland).
Oleg focuses on general corporate and intellectual property.
Representative Legal Matters
Oleg's recent experience includes:
- Completed over 15 due diligence projects on issues of intellectual property, information technologies and personal data, took part in preparation of several subsequent deals allowing clients securely invest in, inter alia, the Russian IT sector.
- Assisted clients in transactional IP, e.g. set up a CIS-wide network of restaurants, implement global IT infrastructure etc.
- Personal data advisory assisting companies both only entering the market and having established presence with a pragmatic and balanced approach on personal data law compliance.
- Identified infringers and took down more than 30 infringing websites selling pirated stock photos, providing unauthorized training services, selling unauthorized machine parts etc.
- Advising a major Russian high technologies company on various JV projects.
- Advising one of the "Big 4" companies on issues of professional liability insurance and reinsurance structure.
- Advising on corporate issues of restructuring a Russian joint stock company with an international investor from the World Bank Group for tax optimization purposes.
- Russia (2015)
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations (2013)
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations (LLM) (2015)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.