Matthew specialises in managing construction and engineering disputes for clients, including managed resolution of disputes on ongoing projects, negotiation, mediation, arbitration and litigation. Matthew acts for principals, contractors, subcontractors and consultants across a wide range of industry sectors, including infrastructure, power, oil and gas, renewables and industrial / commercial / residential buildings and projects.
Matthew also acts for clients on related disputes, including property development, insurance and other types of international arbitration. In a front-end capacity, he also drafts contracts in the construction and property development sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for a principal in a large Middle-East industrial processing facility construction project dispute.
- Acting for a sub-sea construction contractor on an offshore oil and gas construction project dispute.
- Acted for a large construction contractor on a natural gas pipeline dispute involving a claim against its professional indemnity insurer.
- Acted for a large construction and fabrication contractor in a dispute on a power station project in Thailand and Laos.
- Victoria~Australia (2012)